10/26/09

Sign me up!

So with Kyle doing more to join the Army than anything else he's ever tried to do on his own, I was thinking how horrible it would be if he went to Afghanistan, etc. I mean, truth be told, I would have been all for going, hard, after Bin Laden right away, but NOOOO, it was more important to go into Iraq. And, again, simply for going along with Bush on, Hillary doesn't deserve to be President, but ANYWAY, I got to thinking, what would I go to war over?

And I thought of something. If I knew it would help, and there'd be a decent chance, I'd totally take up arms to separate this country and get me away from the gap-toothed, slack-jawed, in-bred, racist yokels that ask/allow/provide for the following:

* the 46% of White Americans who find Fox news "credible" (5% of African-Americans do, and 11% of Hispanics)

* the outrageous, not to mention insanely stupid disconnect, of allowing guns in national parks or no credit card reform.

* speaking of guns, the just as outrageous, etc. of allowing guns on Amtrak or no federal funding

* those stupid teabaggers - "Duh! Me no want something good if brown or poor person gets it, too!"

* this totally un-shocking fact: U.S. states whose residents have more conservative religious beliefs on average tend to have higher rates of teenagers giving birth, a new study suggests. The relationship could be due to the fact that communities with such religious beliefs (a literal interpretation of the Bible, for instance) may frown upon contraception, researchers say. If that same culture isn't successfully discouraging teen sex, the pregnancy and birth rates rise. Mississippi topped the list for conservative religious beliefs and teen birth rates, according to the study results, which will be detailed in a forthcoming issue of the journal Reproductive Health.

* the fact that the GOP actually tried to spin the fact that Franken's rape amendment got 30 nay votes - all Republicans.

Check this out and sign me up for the war; at this point, I'd almost rather be dead than live in a country with such evil and stupidity:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/15/jon-stewart-takes-on-30-r_n_321985.html

No comments:

Post a Comment