8/16/09

Asterios Polyp

NOTE TO MY BOOK CLUB: I am going to be talking about this book when we meet, so you should skip this posting coz I'd like it to be a surprise. The book is that funky.

Okay, I just finished reading this graphic novel I read a rave review on some months ago in "Entertaiment Weekly" called, as you may have guessed by now "Asterios Polyp." (Question of the day: do you feel you know the rules for italicizing and/or underlining and/or putting in quotes the names of books/magazines/newspapers/etc.? And if you do or don't, do you think it's important enuf to get it right that I should have googled to confirm how right or wrong I was in my usage? Discuss.)

Anyway, wanted to offer a quick review:


LOVE. IT.


It has the best ending of anything I've ever read. Word.

Would like to hear back from comic book and graphic novel fans if you've heard of this or read it, and if it's as truly "avant-garde" as I read in reviews?

Reviews/Synopsis:

http://www.amazon.com/Asterios-Polyp-David-Mazzucchelli/product-reviews/0307377326/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

No comments:

Post a Comment