7/22/10

A Cornucopia of Fascinating Food Facts!

As "faithful" readers of my blog will know, one of my New Year's resolutions was to try and cut meat out of my diet. But it's HARD for someone raised on meat & potatoes in Oklahoma. So since I'm one of those persons who really does like to keep his resolutions, or at least make SOME progress, I modified it a bit to ensure success (although gradual).

So for this year, I have stopped eating any beef unless it is local, organic/hormone free, and local. I've been able to stick to this one coz I just get chicken or pork or turkey now instead, PLUS there are more places in the City (like Burgermeister!) serving Niman Ranch beef, so I can do that when I'm "jonesing for beef." :)

The idea is that next year, I'll add Pork to the list so I'll only be eating beef or pork if it's local, blah blah blah. And that way, too, I'm cutting them out in order of their global footprints (beef is far and away #1). Also, "luckily," friends and acquaintances aware of my "quest," are SO helpful in sending me scary articles and stories on our food supply. Check out the following:

Yum, how about some unregulated nano-foods coating your fruit and corrupting your DNA; click HERE to read about it.

And can someone please tell me why Monsanto hasn't been destroyed yet? Coz their
government approved GMOs in your corn are destroying your organs! Check it out HERE - if you dare!

Now, THIS one is REALLY exciting: how to wipe out 60% of the populaion through factory-farmed meat!

Finally, this book is interesting if nothing else for the story of the author's Jewish grandmother, fleeing the Nazis abnd starving to death who still wouldn't eat a piece of offered pork. Nowadays, of course, there's lots of other "fun" reasons to avoid meat!

No comments:

Post a Comment